Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Top Ten

Every body loves reading a top ten list. Well, here's a list that's fitting for the season. Here's my top ten things I am thankful for this side of eternity.

10. Cheap Bottled water. Man, down here in Fallbrook water from the tap tastes like they forgot turn on the DIRT FILTER when they made the water. That's why I'm thankful for Fresh n' Easy's 24 pack for $2.99

9. Technology. How in the world did youth ministry exist before email, ubiquitous cell phones, and ipods? Hmm...does that say something about my ministry?

8. Seasoned Youth Pastors. Because they get it.

7. Bloggers who actually have something to say, and people listen. I am not one of these, but am inspired by them. I don't even know what it takes to get there.

6. Falling gas prices. I just filled up our brown car for $15! The funny thing is that people are still complaining about ridiculous gas prices ("Well, with the way gas prices are these days...")

5. Really good music. The Beatles. John Mayer. Others. I love listening to good music. Brings a smile to my face.

4. Thanksgiving Meals. Not just Thanksgiving dinner. I'm talking about all the meals before and after and around Thanksgiving. It's not even Thanksgiving yet, and I've already had a Thanksgiving dinner, a Thanksgiving Luncheon, and a Thanksgiving coffee break.

3. The Church Family. One of the biggest joys of the season so far was walking through the crowd of our church family during our Thanksgiving dinner while we were all singing Great is Thy Faithfulness. It was beautiful, not in the sense that it sounded good, but in a different, more sentimental sense. It brought a smile to my face.

2. My Senior pastor. A lot of youth workers complain about theirs. I am thankful for him. I couldn't do what I am doing without his support. Truly a mentor and example.

1. My wife. Far and away the number one on this list. I seriously question my ability to exist without her. The biggest joy of my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....I would of thought that God and Jesus would be the #1 for all pastors!

One wonders!

nothing said...

^
I was thinking this too. C'mon durso, where are your priorities. JK, I think it probably goes without saying for a man like you.