Monday, November 10, 2008

Argentina Here We Come

So a few weeks ago I got the okay to go to Argentina. Grace Brethren Church (the church that I grew up in) is going to Argentina. Greg Barshaw, the missions pastor who is leading the trip, invited me to come along as a chance to learn, be trained, and gain some experience in leading. I am so glad for this trip and I am excited for what the Lord is going to teach me.
Ashley is going too. I am so glad that she is able to go. It will be such an awesome experience going on a trip like this together. What an opportunity.
We are going to the city of Corrientes, in Northern Argentina. It's located by a college university campus so we'll be primarily working with some college age students. The missionaries that we are going to be helping out are relatively new to the area and will be looking foward to a team to come help them jumpstart their ministry there.
I don't know hardly any spanish. It will be interesting to say the least.
Pray for us. Pray that the necessary funds would come in. Pray that the Lord would use this trip in our lives and the lives of the people we'll be ministering to.

No comments: