Thursday, March 13, 2008

Seeing and Hearing

My mind is vacuum.
Everything I hear and everything I see gets vacuumed up into my brain and stored away. And, by the way, my brain has an incredible amount of space of its hard drive. That means that all the things I see and hear are the things that are on my mind. The more I hear them and the more I see them, the more I think about them. Paul tells us to think on specific things:

"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."

It is a goal of mine to think about these kinds of things more than I think of the other kinds of things. How can I change that? By altering all the things I see and hear. Listen to Christian music, stay away from immoral movies, READ the Bible, READ books about the Bible, read books about your world. Write. You cannot practice this verse in Philippians unless you control what you see and hear. You will automatically think about the things that you let into your brain. That's why you protect your mind from the poison of worldliness that can corrupt it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot agree with you more, brother. Keep on keeping on!