Tuesday, July 21, 2009

John Piper on TV

At a Q&A session after the Advance 2009 Conference, Mark Driscoll, John Piper, Ed Stetzer, J.D. Grear, and Eric Mason sat on the panel and answered questions.

The first question had a humorous tone to it.

"Piper says get rid of my TV; Driscoll says buy more DVR's. How do I reconcile the difference?"

Piper: Get your sources right. I never said that in my life. Next question. There's probably something else. (Now to Driscoll) Say something significant.

Driscoll: I think it is that you don't have a TV, correct? That's probably where they got it.

Piper: I'm sure that's where they got it from.

Driscoll: But you wouldn't say that they shouldn't have a TV, you just choose not to have one.

Piper: Yeah. I'm just an addict and I know my limits.

Wow. How many of us are addicts and we don't even think twice about it. Blind to our own addictions.

1 comment:

Andy Smith said...

haha nice. how about "some of you guys are heretics." 'nough said.