Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Future

I am in a portal.
It's called "The Last Semester of My Senior Year."
This portal will take me into a new world. As Morpheus would say, "Welcome to the land of the real." That's where I'm headed.
What I'm saying is that my life is going to change drastically in the next six months. For one, I'm getting married in June. I can't wait; I know that it's going to be a big blessing in my life. It is still, however, a step into the unknown-- simply because of the fact that I've never done it before.
I've never really had a serious job-- my job has always been basketball and school. Once basketball is over I'm going to have to get a job that has an income. I am going to have to pay bills. These are things I've never done before. They are on my mind often.
I'm in a strange place in my life. It's life I have a brief outline of what I want to be doing with the next few years of my life but only God knows the actual story. I'm just one of his characters that he's developing. It can be a scary place, but it's good. It's like being led through the darkness by a hand and a voice that you trust more than anything in the world. It really gets scary when I stop listening to His voice and pull my hand from His.
I can't wait to see where I end up. I'll keep you posted-- that is, if you keep reading my blog.

1 comment:

Happy said...

Good to have you back. Two years ago I was in the same exact place: comm. major, getting married, "real" life coming up, etc. Keep writing!